Protecting academic integrity
It is important for higher education providers and TEQSA to be vigilant in protecting the integrity of Australia’s higher education system. On 4 September 2020, the Australian Government’s amendments to the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 came into effect, making it an offence to provide or advertise academic ‘contract cheating’ services in higher education.
TEQSA is supporting providers to uphold academic integrity and address contract cheating, including through the development of education materials and sharing information about approaches to this issue, as well as working with providers and other stakeholders to support the implementation of these new laws.
- Academic integrity toolkit
- Assessment integrity in an online environment
- Assessment integrity webinar (opens in YouTube)
- Contract cheating
- Good Practice Note: Addressing contract cheating to safeguard academic integrity
- Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Amendment (Prohibiting Academic Cheating Services) Bill 2019
- Toolkit to support quality assurance agencies to address academic integrity and contract cheating