TEQSA accepts complaints about Australian higher education providers to gather information that assists us in the regulation of the sector.
However, we can only accept certain types of complaints about registered higher education providers.
What TEQSA can accept complaints about
A higher education provider’s compliance with the:
- Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Act (TEQSA Act)
- Higher Education Standards Framework (HES Framework)
- Education Services for Overseas Students Act (ESOS Act)
- National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students (National Code)
- ELICOS Standards
- Foundation Program Standards.
What TEQSA cannot accept complaints about
• matters relating to FEE-HELP
• matters of academic judgement, such as examination results
• requests for providers to re-mark work
• issues concerning visas
• problems that a provider has already rectified.
You may have a valid, serious complaint that does not relate to HES Framework, ESOS Act or National Code. In that case we will do our best to refer you to another agency that can help, or advise you how to contact the agency directly.