Go to top of page

How do I know if a provider/course is registered?

Person reading a book in a modern room

All registered higher education providers and their courses are listed on TEQSA’s National Register of Higher Education Providers. The National Register has key information about providers’ registration status and lists legal and trading name(s), Australian Business Numbers, head office addresses and website details. 

The National Register also shows:

  • providers' registration category (Australian university, higher education provider, Australian university of specialisation, and overseas university)
  • how long they are registered for (this period can't exceed seven years)
  • whether they can self-accredit their own courses (universities usually can)
  • the names of each course of study accredited
  • the date courses must be re-accredited. 

The National Register can also be used to view all of our regulatory decisions in relation to the registration and accreditation of a provider.

International students

Higher education providers registered to offer courses to international students in Australia are listed on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).