It is important for higher education providers and TEQSA to be vigilant in protecting the integrity of Australia’s higher education system. On 4 December 2019, the Australian Government introduced a Bill to amend the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011, which would make it an offence to provide or advertise academic ‘contract cheating’ services in higher education.
TEQSA is supporting providers to uphold academic integrity and address contract cheating, including through the development of education materials and sharing information about approaches to this issue, as well as consulting with providers and other stakeholders on its approach to the proposed amendments in the Bill.
- Academic integrity toolkit
- Assessment integrity in an online environment
- Assessment integrity webinar (opens in YouTube)
- Good Practice Note: Addressing contract cheating to safeguard academic integrity
- Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Amendment (Prohibiting Academic Cheating Services) Bill 2019