TEQSA Conference 2017
The Second Annual TEQSA Conference (TEQSA) conference ran from 29 November until 1 December in 2017. It featured 70 presentations, keynote addresses and panel discussions. In only its second year, the conference attracted 800 delegates including almost 100 higher education students.
Delegates heard from thought leaders, policy makers and students on a range of issues facing the sector, including what’s in store for the future both here in Australia and internationally.
Keynote presenters included Professor Marnie Hughes-Warrington, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academic, of the Australian National University; Emeritus Professor Kwong Lee Dow, Patron of the Higher Education Quality Network; Andrew Norton, Higher Education Program Director at the Grattan Institute; Professor Peter Shergold, Chair of the Higher Education Standards Panel; and Professor Nick Saunders, Chief Commissioner of TEQSA.
Presentations over the three days covered everything from the financial realities of the higher education sector, to whether higher education is meeting industry challenges. Students also featured prominently in the conference sessions with representatives from higher education providers offering unique input to discussions.
The third and final day of the conference featured almost 50 concurrent sessions in line with the conference’s themes of students, quality and success. Winners were chosen from fully submitted papers in line with these themes and announced at the conference dinner.
- Dr Sara Booth, University of Tasmania: A cost-effective solution for external referencing of accredited courses of study (Quality)
- Assistant Professor Gesa Ruge and Associate Professor Corolie McCormack, University of Canberra: Understanding how students develop their skills for employability (Students)
- Maria Spies and Dr Margot McNeill, Navitas: Holistic curriculum transformation: A scalable model for student success (Success).
Keynote presentation and concurrent streamed session presentations from the three days will be available from Higher Ed Services' website.
- View Ralph Wolff's keynote titled Major Higher Education Trends in the US: Deciphering the Priorities of the Trump Administration (opens in YouTube)
- View Glyn Davis's keynote titled Universities, Hostility, Engagement (opens in YouTube)
- View Peter Shergold's keynote titled Nudging Toward Good Practice - The Power of Transparency (opens in YouTube)
- View Marnie Hughes-Warrington's keynote titled Student Partnerships for Quality (opens in YouTube)
- View Nicholas Saunders's keynote titled Students, Quality, Success: Sector Overview 2017 (opens in YouTube)
- View the panel discussion on Juggling Life: Achieving Quality and Success (opens in YouTube)
- View Peter Coaldrake's keynote titled Looking Back, Looking Forward (opens in YouTube)
- View the panel discussion on Students, Quality, Success in Regional Education (opens in YouTube)
- View the panel discussion on Facing Financial Reality: Achieving Quality (opens in YouTube)
- View the panel discussion on Achieving Quality and Success as an International Student (opens in YouTube)
- View the panel discussion on Quality, Success and an Online Future (opens in YouTube)
- View the panel discussion on Higher Education Standards Panel Dialogue (opens in YouTube)
- View the panel discussion on Is Higher Education Meeting Industry Challenges? (opens in YouTube)
- View Kwong Lee Dow's Two Day Conference Summary (opens in YouTube)
Click on image to view full size