Notifications and approvals required of CRICOS registered providers
The National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2017 (National Code) requires providers to notify TEQSA of certain events, such as a change of details on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
Some notifications have timeframes specified in the following sections of the National Code:
- part D, section 14.3 notification of intention to relocate premises (requires notification at least 20 days prior to change of location)
- 15.1(a) any prospective changes to the ownership of the registered provider
- 15.1(b) any prospective or actual change to the high managerial agents
- 15.2 information on the new owner or high managerial agent.
Notifications must be submitted in the approved form via the Provider portal and include all information requested.
NOTE: There are no fees associated with these changes.
Approvals Required from TEQSA
CRICOS registered providers must seek approval for the following proposed changes (where TEQSA is the designated authority):
- changes to arrangements with other providers
- changes to the maximum number of students that can be enrolled
- changes to the duration of a CRICOS registered course.
Please see part C, sections 7.4, 10.4 and 12.1 of the National Code 2017.