Bachelor of Sports Coaching (Management): Revoke and vary course conditions 5 September 2019
Revocation of accreditation conditions
Report on revocation of conditions imposed on accreditation of one higher education course of study offered by the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE Limited).
On 5 September 2019 a delegate of TEQSA revoked, under section 53 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), Condition 1 and 2 imposed on the accreditation of the following course offered by ACPE Limited (refer public report of 15 March 2017):
- Bachelor of Sports Coaching (Management).
On the same day, a delegate of TEQSA varied, under section 53 of the TEQSA Act, Condition 3 imposed on the accreditation of the same course to:
By 30 June 2020, ACPE must provide the following evidence that includes review by the Academic Board:
- Copies of third party delivery arrangements between ACPE and providers of sports management facilities engaged to provide access for online students to physical facilities;
- Information to students regarding access to specific facilities for online and face to face students in course information to students and
- Details about the support provided to online students to access the physical facilities as part of their course.
- Clear disclaimer in student prospectus that ACPE may not be able to offer the course to online students, in the event class sizes are not viable in which case full refunds will be offered.
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA made this decision on the basis that it was satisfied that the condition has been met.