Registration and Accreditation 27 October 2016
Provider: Health Education and Training Institute
Course: Master of Psychiatric Medicine
Report on initial registration of the Health Education and Training Institute
TEQSA has determined, under sub section 21(1) of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (the TEQSA Act), that registration of the Health Education and Training Institute as a higher education provider be granted for a period of seven years to 27 October 2023 in the provider category of Higher Education Provider.
TEQSA has determined, under sub sections 49(1) and 49(6) of the TEQSA Act, to grant accreditation of the following higher education courses of study offered by the Health Education and Training Institute until 27 October 2023:
- Master of Applied Mental Health Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Mental Health Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Mental Health Studies
- Master of Psychiatric Medicine
- Graduate Diploma in Psychiatric Medicine
- Graduate Certificate in Psychiatric Medicine
Main reasons for the decision
As part of the initial registration process, TEQSA has assessed the registration and course accreditations submitted by the Health Education and Training Institute against the Threshold Standards for Provider Registration and Course Accreditation.
The Health Education and Training Institute has demonstrated that it has:
- an appropriate Academic Quality Assurance Framework for the maintenance of academic quality and integrity in its higher education operations
- a Strategic Plan that guides decision-making and future directions against the established key performance indicators with annual reporting of the outcomes
- strategies to monitor potential risks and to mitigate risks that may eventuate
- effective grievance processes and a range of strategies and resources to support students regardless of course delivery mode
- well-maintained physical and electronic resources and infrastructure sufficient to enable the achievement of its higher education objectives
The Health Education and Training Institute has demonstrated to TEQSA that it meets the Threshold Standards.
The Health Education and Training Institute application involved a transition of the New South Wales Institute of Psychiatry higher education operations. In light of this involvement, TEQSA will carefully monitor student outcomes over the next three years.
The registration and course accreditation covers delivery at all Australian sites.