Associate Degree of Visual Art: Re-accreditation 20 February 2018
Renewal of course accreditation
Report on renewal of accreditation of two higher education courses of study offered by North Metropolitan TAFE
On 20 February 2018 a delegate of TEQSA:
- renewed, under section 56 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), the accreditation of the following courses offered by North Metropolitan TAFE, for a period of seven years until 20 February 2025:
- Associate Degree of Design
- Associate Degree of Visual Art
- imposed, under section 53 of the TEQSA Act, one condition on the accreditation of the Associate Degree of Design and Associate Degree of Visual art.
Condition 1: Articulation and credit arrangements
North Metropolitan TAFE to provide by 30 July 2018:
- copies of agreements for credit transfer arrangements and articulation pathways to further learning with its university partners for North Metropolitan TAFE's Associate Degree courses.
- information for students of North Metropolitan TAFE's credit transfer arrangements which specify the eligibility for acceptance into another course of study and the amount of credit available towards a Bachelor Degree with specific university partners
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA made these decisions in light of risks that North Metropolitan TAFE may not continue to meet the following provisions of the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015:
- Section 7.1 of Part A, in relation to representations about the outcomes associated with undertaking a course of study and eligibility for acceptance into another course of study
- Section 7.2 of Part A, in relation to information for students to enable informed decision making and of information available prior to acceptance of an offer of the standing credit transfer arrangements
TEQSA's assessment considered North Metropolitan TAFE's arrangements for delivery at all Australian sites.