Graduate Certificate in Business: Accreditation 31 January 2020
Report on accreditation of one higher education course of study offered by Holmes Institute Pty Ltd
On 31 January 2020, a delegate of TEQSA:
- accredited, under section 49 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), the following course offered by Holmes Institute Pty Ltd, for a period of three years until 31 January 2023:
- Graduate Certificate in Business.
- imposed, under section 53 of the TEQSA Act, three conditions on the accreditation of the course Graduate Certificate in Business.
Condition 1: Update Information and Learning Resources for Students
1.1 By 31 March 2020 Holmes Institute must update the following information for students and learning resources to address the deficiencies identified by paragraphs 12, 35, 37, 38, 54 and 55 of the Assessment Report: Course Admission Information, Offer Letter and Acceptance, Sequence of Study, its website, unit textbooks and recommended readings of each unit of the course.
1.2 By 31 March 2020, Holmes Institute must confirm these updates in a report to TEQSA that demonstrates Holmes Institute has satisfied the specified condition.
Condition 2: Align Assessments with Student Learning Outcomes
2.1 By 31 March 2020 Holmes Institute must revise the following documents to improve the alignment of assessments with course learning outcomes, and to state the academic coordinator and lecturers of each unit of study as well as the hours and contacts for timely feedback: Constructive Alignment and Unit Outlines, Course Learning Outcomes Constructive Alignment and Summary of Unit Assessment.
2.2 By 31 March 2020, Holmes Institute must confirm these revisions in a report to TEQSA that demonstrates Holmes Institute has satisfied the specified condition.
Condition 3: Staffing
By 31 March 2020 Holmes Institute must submit a document to clarify the availability and workload of academic staff who teach in the course on multiple campuses.
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA made these decisions in light of risks that the course submitted by Holmes Institute Pty Ltd may not meet, or continue to meet, the following provisions of the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015: Standards 1.1.1 and 1.3.3 of Part A, in relation to admissions policies, requirements and procedures
- Standards 1.4.3, 1.4.4 and 1.5.3 of Part A, in relation to methods of assessment and expected learning outcomes
- Standards 3.1.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 3.1.4, 3.1.5, 3.2.1, 3.2.2 and 3.3.1 of Part A, in relation to course design, staffing and learning resources
- Standard 5.1.3 of Part A, in relation to institutional course approval and review policies
- Standard 6.2.1i of Part A, in relation to corporate accountability
- Standards 7.2.1 and 7.2.2 of Part A, in relation to information for prospective and current students.
Application to withdraw conditions
In accordance with section 53 of the TEQSA Act, TEQSA may vary or revoke a condition imposed on the accreditation of a higher education course of study, either on its own initiative, or upon application by the provider for variation or revocation.