The Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015 (HES Framework) has applied since 1 January 2017.
From a regulatory perspective, all applications made:
- before 1 January 2017 will be assessed against the HES Framework 2011
- on or after 1 January 2017 will be assessed against the HES Framework 2015.
Material Change Notification Policy (HES Framework 2015)
View the Material Change Notification Policy – updated 11 August 2017
Please direct any feedback to standards [at] teqsa.gov.au.
Guidance notes (HES Framework 2015)
The resources published on this page are not instructional or ‘how to’ documents for compliance with the new HES Framework.
TEQSA publishes guidance notes, to provide greater clarity for providers in the interpretation and application of selected standards. Guidance notes draw on our regulatory experience and knowledge of experts in the higher education sector.
Guidance Notes usually focus on a single topic (such as academic leadership, for example). The Guidance Note typically outlines:
- the nature of the topic
- the relevant standards in the Higher Education Standards Framework (HESF) that relate to the topic
- the underlying intent of those standards
- the risks to the quality of education if the topic is not addressed sufficiently by a provider
- the evidence that TEQSA is likely to look for to be satisfied that the requirements of the HESF are being met.
We appreciate the constructive feedback received to date on a number of these guidance notes relating to the new HES Framework. Some guidance notes have already been updated as a result of consultation feedback. We will be revising and republishing further guidance notes over the next few months. While the beta consultation period has now closed for these particular guidance notes, comments to standards [at] teqsa.gov.au are still welcome.