Application forms and support
The Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015 (HES Framework 2015) replaced the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2011 (HES Framework 2011) on 1 January 2017. Information regarding the HES Framework 2015 (including a contextual overview and breakdown of each Domain) is available from our Higher Education Standards Framework 2015 section.
From a regulatory perspective, all applications submitted after 1 January 2017 are assessed against the HES Framework 2015.
Supporting materials for online applications
- Application Guide for Initial Registration as a New Higher Education Provider *updated 6 September 2017
- Application Guide for Renewal of Registration for Existing Providers *updated 29 August 2018
- Application Guide for Course Accreditation and Re-accreditation for Existing Providers *updated 6 September 2017
- Application Guide for Registration in any University Category *updated 20 June 2018
- Application Guide for Self-Accrediting Authority *updated 18 March 2019
Guidance note for application guides/templates
We appreciate the constructive feedback received to date on the revised application guides. While the beta consultation period for the application guides above has now closed, comments are still welcome.
Please direct any feedback to standards [at] teqsa.gov.au.
Good practice notes
View TEQSA's Guidance notes relating to the HES Framework 2015 on our Guidance notes page.
The first set of online application forms (relating to the HES Framework 2015) have been released in ‘beta’ form for a six month consultation period and are accessed through the Provider portal.
Prospective higher education providers applying for initial registration
- Registration in HEP Category (Beta)
- Initial Course Accreditation (Beta)
Registered higher education providers
- Course Accreditation existing provider (Beta)
- Renewal of Course Accreditation (Beta) *updated 22 February 2017
- Renewal of Registration (Beta)
- Self-Accrediting Authority (Beta) *added 31 August 2017
These new forms are supported by a range of application guides (see above for examples).
- How TEQSA rates risk indicators
- Risk ratings: Examples of relevant context and provider controls that TEQSA considers
- Presentation of a TEQSA risk assessment (and example risk assessment)
- TEQSA’s Approach to Risk Assessments of Stand-Alone ELICOS and Foundation Program Providers
Fit and proper person declarations
- TEQSA & ESOS fit and proper person requirements declaration form [Word 137KB] [PDF 228KB]
Please note that this fit and proper person declaration can be used for both the TEQSA and ESOS Acts.
Supporting materials for CRICOS applications
Contact your case manager for relevant application documents and access to online forms.
TEQSA's public disclosure policy
This document outlines our approach to public statements about regulatory actions and issues.