Self Accrediting Authority 28 September 2022
Provider: The Cairnmillar Institute
Report on authority of The Cairnmillar Institute to self-accredit nominated courses of study
On 28 September 2022, TEQSA authorised, under section 41 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), The Cairnmillar Institute to self-accredit its courses of study at Australian Qualifications Framework levels 8 and 9 in the following narrow fields of education:
- 0905 Human Welfare Studies and Services
- 0907 Behavioural Science
Due to this decision, the following courses previously accredited by TEQSA do not need to be re-accredited by TEQSA. Please visit the provider website for information on the courses it offers.
TEQSA's approved periods of accreditation for the following courses expire on 11 May 2024:
- Graduate Certificate in Pre-Professional Psychology Honours
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
TEQSA's approved period of accreditation for Master of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) expires on 18 February 2025.
TEQSA's approved period of accreditation for Master of Professional Psychology expires on 16 June 2025.
TEQSA's approved periods of accreditation for the following courses expire on 21 December 2025:
- Graduate Certificate of Counselling
- Graduate Certificate of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Graduate Diploma of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy
TEQSA's approved periods of accreditation for the following courses expire on 1 March 2026:
- Graduate Certificate of Psychological Science
- Graduate Diploma of Psychological Science
TEQSA's approved period of accreditation for Master of Clinical Psychology (Post Registration) expires on 18 December 2026.
TEQSA's approved period of accreditation for Master of Professional Psychology Practice expires on 9 April 2028.
Main reasons for the decision
The Cairnmillar Institute (Cairnmillar) has demonstrated:
- a history of successful operation as a higher education provider, including systematic, mature internal processes to assure and maintain the quality of its courses, academic standards and academic integrity
- effective academic governance arrangements, and robust course design, approval and review processes
- an active scholarly community and a demonstrated history of sustained scholarship and research outputs
- a proven history of successful graduate outcomes.
Cairnmillar has demonstrated to TEQSA that it meets the requirements for self-accrediting authority for the nominated courses of study as per the Criteria for Seeking Self-Accrediting Authority of the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2021.