Master of Philosophy (formerly Master of Theology (Honours)): Self Accrediting Authority 22 June 2016
Report on authority of Sydney College of Divinity Ltd to self-accredit nominated courses of study
On 22 June 2016, TEQSA authorised, under subsection 41(1) of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), Sydney College of Divinity Ltd to self-accredit its courses of study at AQF level 5-10, in the narrow field of Philosophy and Religious Studies.
Due to this decision, the following courses previously accredited by TEQSA do not need to be re-accredited by TEQSA. Please visit the provider website for information on the courses it offers.
- Doctor of Ministry
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Doctor of Theology
- Master of Philosophy
Main reasons for the decision
Sydney College of Divinity Ltd has:
- A history of successful operation as a higher education provider, including systematic, mature internal processes to assure and maintain the quality of its courses, academic standards and academic integrity.
- Well-structured and effective academic governance arrangements, and robust course design, approval and review processes, including comprehensive external review.
- Highly experienced administrative and teaching staff.
- An active scholarly community with a significant and sustained history of scholarship and research outputs.
- A proven history of successful graduate outcomes.
- Sydney College of Divinity Ltd demonstrated to TEQSA that it meets the Threshold Standards, including the criteria for authorising 'self-accrediting authority', in relation to courses of study at AQF level 5-10 in the narrow field of Philosophy and Religious Studies. The scope of the assessment included all Australian and overseas sites.