Renewal of Registration and Accreditation 30 March 2021
Provider: Australasian College of Health and Wellness Pty Ltd (formerly MHM Higher Education Pty Ltd)
Renewal of registration
Report on renewal of registration of Australasian College of Health and Wellness Pty Ltd
On 30 March 2021, TEQSA:
- renewed, under section 36 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), the registration of Australasian College of Health and Wellness Pty Ltd in the category of Higher Education Provider, for a period of four years until 30 March 2025
- renewed, under section 56 of the TEQSA Act, the accreditation of the following course of study for a period of four years until 30 March 2025:
- Bachelor of Applied Health Science (Clinical Aesthetics).
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA has renewed the registration and the Bachelor of Applied Health Science (Clinical Aesthetics) accreditation of Australasian College of Health and Wellness Pty Ltd (ACHW) for a shortened period to allow TEQSA the opportunity to closely monitor ACHW's progress for a reasonable period and to then undertake a full, detailed assessment of ACHW's compliance with the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015.
TEQSA holds residual concerns in relation to:
- Corporate and Academic Governance (Domain 6)
- Academic Quality Assurance: Monitoring, Review and Improvement (Domains 5 and 6)
- Admission (Domain 1)
- Staffing and Scholarship (Domain 3)
- Diversity and Equity (Domain 2).
TEQSA will offer ACHW the opportunity to enter into a Voluntary Undertaking that specifies the actions ACHW must undertake and the timeframes for those actions, in order to satisfy TEQSA that ACHW will address these risks. TEQSA may also consider further regulatory or assurance action in relation to these matters in the future.