JMC Pty. Limited: Renewal of Registration 10 February 2021
Renewal of registration
Report on renewal of registration of JMC Pty Limited
On 10 February 2021, TEQSA:
- renewed, under section 36 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), the registration of JMC Pty Limited in the category of Higher Education Provider, for a period of four years until 10 February 2025.
- imposed, under section 32 of the TEQSA Act, one condition on the registration of JMC Pty Limited.
Condition 1. Staff Qualifications and Scholarship
- By no later than 30 June 2021 JMC Pty Limited (JMC) must appoint:
- a suitably qualified person to the position, Dean, Academic Programs
- two PhD qualified staff as course leaders to the Masters programs in Brisbane and Melbourne.
- By 31 March 2022, JMC must obtain a report from an independent expert that considers the extent to which JMC academic staff with academic oversight, and those with teaching and supervisory responsibilities, meet the requirements of the Higher Education Standards Framework to:
- have appropriate qualifications and experience for their roles; and
- be engaged in continuing scholarship.
- Prior to engaging the reviewer to perform the review in paragraph 2, JMC must obtain TEQSA's approval for the identity of the reviewer.
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA made the decisions to renew registration for a shortened period and impose one condition in light of risks that JMC Pty Limited may not continue to meet the provisions of Section 3.2 the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015.
Application to withdraw conditions
In accordance with section 32 of the TEQSA Act, TEQSA may vary or revoke a condition imposed on the registration of a higher education provider, either on its own initiative, or upon application by the provider for variation or revocation.