National Institute of Organisation Dynamics Australia Ltd: Re-Registration and Revoke Condition 17 March 2021
Renewal of registration and revocation of registration condition
Report on renewal of registration of National Institute of Organisation Dynamics Australia Ltd
On 17 March 2021 TEQSA:
- renewed, under section 36 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), the registration of National Institute of rganisation Dynamics Australia Ltd in the category of Higher Education Provider, for a period of four years until 17 March 2025.
- imposed, under section 32 of the TEQSA Act, three conditions on the registration of National Institute of Organisation Dynamics Australia Ltd.
Condition 1: External referencing and benchmarking
By 30 June 2021, NIODA must:
- provide evidence of implementation of the policy framework for external referencing and course benchmarking with a progress report on completed activities to Academic Board and minutes of its consideration of any recommendations for improvements to the Master of Leadership and Management (Organisation Dynamics).
- provide evidence of a forward schedule of course benchmarking activities and details of comparable courses of study offered by national and international comparators.
Condition 2: Scholarship
- By 30 June 2021, NIODA must provide TEQSA with evidence that:
- demonstrates its academic policy framework for monitoring and reporting on staff scholarship and research includes definitions and information in sufficient detail to identify the types of activities and outputs
- demonstrates its monitoring and reporting includes information relating to satisfactory external peer review and that the outcomes of scholarship and research activities are able to be mapped to engagement of staff in their teaching activities.
- By 30 September 2021, NIODA must provide TEQSA with evidence that details the volume of research and scholarly activity and in particular, the extent to which such activity involves satisfactory external peer review and is mapped to staff teaching activities. The evidence should detail how NIODA ensures that scholarly activity is of an appropriate quality and how various activities are assessed as being scholarly in nature.
Condition 3: Financial viability
By 30 June 2021, NIODA must provide TEQSA with updated financial projections that have been considered by the governing body. The financial projections should also demonstrate how NIODA will apply its resources to maintain its on-going viability and continue to meet the requirements of the Higher Education Standards Framework to achieve its performance targets and to sustain the quality of higher education that is offered.
revoked, under section 32 of the TEQSA Act, Condition 5 imposed on the registration of National Institute of Organisation Dynamics Australia (refer public report of 13 October 2016).
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA made these decisions in light of risks that National Institute of Organisation Dynamics Australia Ltd may not meet, or continue to meet, the following provisions of the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015:
- Standard 6.2.1 in relation to NIODA's corporate monitoring and accountability, including its financial viability due to the limited basis for assurance about how NIODA will achieve the enrolment numbers that underpin its financial projections.
- Standards 5.3.1, 5.3.4 and 5.3.7 in relation to its quality assurance arrangements in place for external referencing and course benchmarking with comparable courses of study specialising in the organisation dynamics discipline.
- Standard 3.2.3 and Criteria B1.1.4 because NIODA has not fully implemented a scholarship framework demonstrating it meets the HES Framework criteria that its academic staff are active in scholarship that informs their teaching.
TEQSA made the decision to revoke Condition 5 on the registration of NIODA on the basis that it was satisfied that the condition was no longer necessary.
Application to withdraw conditions
In accordance with section 32 of the TEQSA Act, TEQSA may vary or revoke a condition imposed on the registration of a higher education provider, either on its own initiative, or upon application by the provider for variation or revocation.