Photography Holdings Pty Ltd: Re-registration 22 June 2017
Renewal of registration
Report on renewal of registration of Photography Holdings Pty Ltd (trading as Photography Studies College)
TEQSA has renewed the registration as a higher education provider, under Section 36(1) of the TEQSA Act, of Photography Holdings Pty Ltd for a period of seven years to 22 June 2024 in the provider category of higher education provider. TEQSA has, under subsection 32(1) of the TEQSA Act, imposed three conditions on the registration of Photography Holdings Pty Ltd as a higher education provider.
PSC to provide evidence by 30 September 2017:
- of a report to the governing body of an independent governance review
- minutes of approval and
- any outcomes and actions arising regarding implementation of changes to the governance arrangements.
PSC to provide evidence by 31 March 2018, and each year of registration, of minutes and reports of PSC's governing body meetings held in the previous year demonstrating implementation of the revised corporate and academic governance arrangements.
The reports must demonstrate that PSC's governing body has:
- appropriate monitoring of potential risks and strategies to mitigate risks
- monitored progress towards performance indicators as identified in a current strategic plan regarding its future directions for higher education.
PSC to provide evidence by 30 November 2017 of the appointment of an Academic Director with appropriate qualifications and experience for academic leadership of PSC's higher education operations and further development of its scholarship activities.
Main Reasons for Decision
As part of the renewal of registration process, TEQSA has assessed the application submitted by Photography Holdings Pty Ltd against the Threshold Standards. The scope of the assessment included all its Australian sites.
TEQSA considers that the decision to apply conditions to Photography Holdings Pty Ltd's registration is consistent with the basic principles for regulation in Part 2 of the TEQSA Act, as Photography Holdings Pty Ltd is at risk of not complying with a number of the Threshold Standards.
The broad issues which relate to the Photography Holdings Pty Ltd registration include:
- PRS 3.2 regarding the governance arrangements, including membership of the governing body.
- PRS 5.1 regarding provision of academic leadership