Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education: Re-registration 13 April 2017
Renewal of registration
Report on renewal of registration of the Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education
On 13 April 2017, TEQSA determined, under subsection 36(1) of the TEQSA Act, that registration of Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education be renewed for a period of seven years to 13 April 2024 in the provider category of 'Higher Education Provider', with self-accrediting authority.
Main reasons for decision
TEQSA has assessed the application submitted by the Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education against the Threshold Standards. The scope of the assessment included all its Australian sites.
TEQSA found that the Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education continues to meet the Threshold Standards. The Institute's capability to continue exercising its self-accrediting authority for AQF levels 8 -10 has been clearly demonstrated.
In particular, TEQSA found that the Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education has demonstrated:
- improved corporate governance and the necessary expertise to drive the strategic direction of the Institute as an indigenous higher education provider
- significant improvements to its policy framework
- a commitment to building its research capacity, consistent with its strategic objectives
- robust internal academic quality assurance processes
- strong benchmarking activities
- well-targeted support, appropriate to the varying needs of its students.