Re-registration 10 December 2015
Provider: Morling College Ltd
Renewal of registration
Report on renewal of registration of Morling College Ltd
TEQSA has renewed the registration as a higher education provider, under Section 36(1) of the TEQSA Act, of Morling College Ltd to 28 November 2021 in the provider category of Higher Education Provider.
TEQSA has, under subsection 32(1) of the TEQSA Act, imposed two conditions on the registration of Morling College Ltd as a higher education provider.
That Morling College provides to TEQSA by 31 March 2016: a detailed strategy which includes specific targets, for improvement in student outcomes data, specifically:
- student attrition
- completion rates and
- progression rates
and giving consideration to:
- admission requirements
- student study load
- grade distribution
- students at risk
- adequacy and effectiveness of student support and
That Morling College subsequently provides an annual report on 31 March 2017, 2018 and 2019. The report is to provide:
- an analysis of improvements in student outcomes data against the targets established under condition 1.
- an analysis of the probable causes for rates and trends in student outcomes data in each accredited higher education course Morling College offers, and courses offered at the third party entity and considers:
- admission requirements for each cohort
- mode of study
- student study load
- domestic or international students cohort breakdown
- referral to and uptake of student support (including participation in formal study support programs) and
- benchmarking of student achievement in similar courses at other higher education providers.
Main Reasons for Decision
As part of the renewal of registration process, TEQSA has assessed the application submitted by Morling College Ltd against the Threshold Standards. The scope of the assessment included the delivery site at Macquarie Park. TEQSA considers that the decision to apply conditions to Morling College Ltd's registration is consistent with the basic principles for regulation in Part 2 of the TEQSA Act, as Morling College Ltd is at risk of not complying with a number of the Threshold Standards.
The broad issues which relate to the Morling College Ltd's registration include:
- the need to demonstrate implementation of effective quality assurance encompassing systematic monitoring review and improvement particularly in relation to monitoring student attrition, progression and completion rates including in relation to all aspects of the third party arrangements in accordance with Provider Registration Standards 3.8 and 4.5.
- the need to demonstrate effective analysis, reporting and comparison of performance measures on teaching, student learning outcomes, and graduate outcomes to improve higher education operations arrangements in accordance with Provider Registration Standard 5.6.