Re-accreditation (Not renewed Teach-out) 17 August 2017
Provider: Asia Pacific International College Pty Ltd
Course: Not renewed - Graduate Diploma of Business Management
Renewal of course accreditation in teach out mode
Report on renewal of accreditation of four higher education courses of study in teach out mode offered by Asia Pacific International College Pty Ltd
On 17 August 2017, TEQSA varied, under subsection 185(2) of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), decisions made by a delegate of TEQSA. The decisions as varied, made after considering an application by Asia Pacific International College (APIC) for internal review, were to:
a. reject, pursuant to subsection 56(1) of the TEQSA Act, APIC's application for renewal of accreditation of the following courses with effect from 31 December 2018:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business Management (MBM)
- Graduate Diploma of Business Management (GDBM)
- Graduate Certificate in Business Management (GCBM)
b. impose the following three (3) conditions on the courses under subsection 32(1) of the TEQSA Act:
APIC is not to offer any student a place in any of the above higher education courses, or enrol or commence any students in these higher education courses, effective from the date on which APIC is notified of this decision.
APIC must provide each person who is currently enrolled in one of the above courses with a written notice containing the following information no later than 21 days after APIC is notified of this decision:
- That the accreditation of the courses will end on 31 December 2018; and
- The options available to students currently enrolled in the courses, including the possibility of exiting APIC with a higher education award, receiving a refund of fees or transferring to a course of study at another (specified) higher education provider.
By no later than 28 days after APIC is notified of this decision, APIC must provide TEQSA with evidence of how it has complied with Condition 2, as well as the steps APIC proposes to take in relation to each student currently enrolled in one of the above courses to:
- Transition the student to a course of study at another higher education provider; or
- Provide a student with a refund of fees; or
- Confer a higher education award on the student.
TEQSA made this decision on the basis that it was not satisfied that the courses of study continue to meet the following Provider Course Accreditation Standards (PCAS):
- PCAS 1.7, in relation to extent to which the courses of study provide for appropriate engagement in intellectual inquiry consistent with the nature and level of the units being taught and the expected learning outcomes for the courses of study;
- PCAS 4.1, in relation to staffing for the courses of study;
- PCAS 5.4, in relation to the extent to which APIC maintains, monitors and acts on comparative data on the performance of students in the courses; and
- PCAS 6.1, in relation to arrangements for review of the courses of study.
No new enrolments are permitted in the above course(s).