Bachelor of Health Science (Clinical Myotherapy): Re-accreditation 7 October 2020
Renewal of course accreditation
Report on renewal of accreditation of one higher education course of study offered by Think: Colleges Pty Ltd.
On 7 September 2020, a delegate of TEQSA:
- renewed, under section 56 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), the accreditation of the following course offered by Think: Colleges Pty Ltd, for a period of four years until 7 September 2024:
- Bachelor of Health Science (Clinical Myotherapy)
- imposed, under section 53 of the TEQSA Act, two conditions on the accreditation of the Bachelor of Health Science (Clinical Myotherapy).
Condition 1: Monitoring, Review and Improvement
By not later than 31 March 2021, Think: Colleges Pty Ltd must establish routine reporting to its academic governing body for the purpose of monitoring student performance and outcomes in the Bachelor of Health Science (Clinical Myotherapy). The reporting must include analysis that incorporates:
- student attrition, completion, progress rates and grade distributions for each course at each delivery location
- entry path (comparing students admitted under each entry pathway)
- recognition of credit (comparing students admitted without recognition of prior credit to students admitted with credit for up to a third of the course, up to half of the course and anything greater than half of the course)
- external referencing of student achievement (including attrition, progression, completion and grade distribution) in similar courses at other higher education providers.
Condition 2: Course review
By 30 September 2021 Think: Colleges Pty Ltd must engage a suitably qualified independent expert, with the agreement of TEQSA as to the identity and terms of reference of the expert, to undertake a comprehensive review of the Bachelor of Health Science (Clinical Myotherapy). Think: Colleges Pty Ltd must provide evidence of consideration and approval of the report, and any actions in response to the reports, by the relevant governing bodies.
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA made these decisions in light of risks that the course submitted for renewal of accreditation by Think: Colleges Pty Ltd may not meet, or continue to meet, the following provisions of the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015:
- Domain 5, of Part A, in relation to Institutional Quality Assurance including:
- Section 5.3 in relation to Monitoring, Review and Improvement, and
- Standards 5.1.2 and 5.1.3, in relation to Course Approval and Accreditation
- Standard 1.1.1 of Part A, in relation to Admission
- Standard 1.2.2 of Part A, in relation to Credit and Recognition of Prior Learning.
- Standard 7.1.5 of Part A, in relation to Representation.
Application to withdraw conditions
In accordance with section 53 of the TEQSA Act, TEQSA may vary or revoke a condition imposed on the accreditation of a higher education course of study, either on its own initiative, or upon application by the provider for variation or revocation.