Re-accreditation 28 June 2022
Provider: JMC Pty. Limited
Renewal of course accreditation
Report on renewal of accreditation of three higher education courses of study offered by JMC Pty. Limited
On 28 June 2022, a delegate of TEQSA:
- renewed, under section 56 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), the accreditation of the following courses offered by JMC Pty. Limited, for a period of seven years until 28 June 2029:
- Master of Creative Industries
- Graduate Diploma of Creative Industries
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Industries.
- revoked, under section 53 of the TEQSA Act, the four conditions imposed on the accreditation of Master of Creative Industries and the three conditions imposed on the Graduate Diploma of Creative Industries.
- imposed, under section 53 of the TEQSA Act, one condition on the accreditation of the Master of Creative Industries, Graduate Diploma of Creative Industries, and Graduate Certificate in Creative Industries.
Condition 1: External referencing
- By 31 December 2022, JMC Pty. Limited must provide to TEQSA evidence that it has developed a policy framework for the external referencing of the success of student cohorts against comparable courses of study. This evidence must include a forward schedule of external referencing activities and details of comparable courses of study offered by national and international
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA made the decision to revoke the conditions on the basis they had been met, or were no longer necessary.
TEQSA made the decision to impose one condition on the courses in light of risks that the courses submitted for renewal of accreditation by JMC Pty. Limited may not meet, or continue to meet, the following provisions of the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2021:
- Standard 5.3.4 in relation to external referencing of the success of student cohorts against comparable courses of study.
Application to withdraw conditions
In accordance with section 53 of the TEQSA Act, TEQSA may vary or revoke a condition imposed on the accreditation of a higher education course of study, either on its own initiative, or upon application by the provider for variation or revocation.