Re-accreditation 27 June 2023
Provider: Perth Bible College Inc
Course: Diploma of Ministry
Renewal of course accreditation
Report on renewal of accreditation of two higher education courses of study offered by Perth Bible College Inc
On 27 June 2023, a delegate of TEQSA:
- renewed, under section 56 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), the accreditation of the following courses offered by Perth Bible College Inc for a period of seven years until 27 June 2030:
- Bachelor of Ministry
- Diploma of Ministry
- imposed, under section 53 of the TEQSA Act, two conditions on the accreditation of the Bachelor of Ministry and Diploma of Ministry:
Condition 1: Academic processes - policy review
By 30 September 2023, Perth Bible College must provide to TEQSA:
- a report reviewing PBC's academic policy and processes for comprehensive review of its courses of study for renewal of accreditation, including external referencing and benchmarking,
- a copy of the Academic Council meeting minutes reporting consideration of the review of Perth Bible College's academic policy and processes against the requirements of the applicable standards for course review and improvement.
Condition 2: Course review and approval
By 30 November 2023 provide to TEQSA:
- a course review report which has implemented PBC's revised policy and includes external referencing of the Diploma of Ministry and Bachelor of Ministry against comparable courses offered by other providers. The course review report must include analysis of recent student performance and outcomes data.
- a report on Perth Bible College's review of the design and delivery of the ministry practicum which includes external referencing and benchmarking.
- A copy of the Academic Council meeting minutes reporting consideration of the reports including actions in response to any recommendations for improvements to course quality.
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA made these decisions in light of risks that the courses submitted for renewal of accreditation by Perth Bible College Inc may not meet, or continue to meet, the following provisions of the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2021:
Standards 5.1.2 and 5.1.3 of Part A, in relation to academic governance processes.
- Standard 5.3.1 in relation to implementation of academic processes for external referencing and benchmarking activities.
- Standard 5.3.4 in relation to review and improvement activities which include analyses of student outcomes and benchmarking with comparable courses.
- Standard 5.4.1 in relation to quality assurance of work-integrated learning in any practicum units of study.
Application to withdraw conditions
In accordance with section 53 of the TEQSA Act, TEQSA may vary or revoke a condition imposed on the accreditation of a higher education course of study, either on its own initiative, or upon application by the provider for variation or revocation.