Bachelor of Creative Arts (3D Animation): Re-accreditation 22 February 2017
Renewal of course accreditation
Report on renewal of accreditation of six higher education courses of study offered by JMC Pty Ltd
A delegate of TEQSA has renewed the accreditation, under section 56 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Act 2011 (the TEQSA Act), of the following higher education courses of study offered by JMC Pty Ltd until 31 December 2019 (to align with JMC's period of registration):
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (3D Animation)
- Associate Degree of Creative Arts (3D Animation)
- Diploma of Creative Arts (3D Animation)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Game Design)
- Associate Degree of Creative Arts (Game Design)
- Diploma of Creative Arts (Game Design)
TEQSA has, under subsection 53(1) of the TEQSA Act, imposed two conditions on the accreditation of the above courses of study. JMC Pty Ltd must:
By 30 June 2017 JMC must provide evidence of course documentation to demonstrate that the assessment for each accredited course of study is aligned with the course learning outcomes and AQF level.
By 30 June 2017 JMC must provide evidence of its completion of the audit of academic staff teaching the Creative Arts courses at each campus, and of its reporting to Academic Board for approval of academic staff appointed under JMC's criteria for equivalent professional experience.
The course accreditation covers delivery at all Australian sites.
Main Reasons for the Decision
TEQSA considers that the decision to apply conditions to the accreditation of the two courses of study is consistent with the basic principles for regulation in Part 2 of the TEQSA Act, as the courses are at risk of not complying with a number of the Threshold Standards.
The broad issues which relate to these courses include:
- PCAS 1 in relation to the requirement that course documentation clearly demonstrates the expected learning outcomes of the course of study
- PCAS 4 in relation to the staffing profile and qualification levels of teaching staff at each campus location.