Bachelor of Business (Convention and Event Management): Re-accreditation 10 May 2019
Renewal of course accreditation
Report on renewal of accreditation of two higher education courses of study offered by Le Cordon Bleu Australia Pty Ltd
On 10 May 2019, a delegate of TEQSA:
- renewed, under section 56 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), the accreditation of the following courses offered by Le Cordon Bleu Australia Pty Ltd, for a period of four years until 10 May 2023:
- Bachelor of Business (Tourism Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Convention and Event Management)
- imposed, under section 53 of the TEQSA Act, one condition on the accreditation of the Bachelor of Business (Tourism Management) and the Bachelor of Business (Convention and Event Management).
Condition 1: Benchmarking
1.1 Le Cordon Bleu Australia Pty Ltd (LCBA) will engage at its own expense a suitably qualified independent expert/s (with the agreement of TEQSA as to the identity and terms of reference of the expert/s, which agreement is not to be unreasonably withheld) to review and make recommendations to LCBA (Independent Review) to review the external referencing of the success of student cohorts against comparable courses of study against the following criteria and provide advice to ensure LCBA's compliance with Standard 5.3.4:
- progression rates, attrition rates, completion times and rates and, where applicable, comparing different locations of delivery
- assessment methods and grading of students' achievement of unit learning outcomes, and
- course monitoring that includes benchmarking with comparable degrees, teaching teams and review processes, and
- unit learning outcomes and evidence that unit learning outcomes have been subjected to external referencing against national/international comparators, and
- course admission requirements and standards, retention levels, support programs.
1.2 The independent expert/s will:
- be suitably qualified to undertake the Independent Course Review;
- not be a past or present member of LCBA's staff;
- not have been engaged as a consultant to LCBA; and
- not have any conflict of interest.
1.3 The outcomes of the Independent Review are to be reported to LCBA's Academic Board, Board of Directors and TEQSA by no later than 10 August 2019.
1.4 LCBA is to prepare an implementation plan for each of the recommendations in the expert reports, approved by the Academic Board and Board of Directors, to be provided to TEQSA no later than 10 November 2019.
1.5 LCBA is to report to TEQSA on the implementation of the outcomes of the Independent Review by:
- 10 December 2019; and
- such further dates as TEQSA may require after the Independent Course Review is undertaken.
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA made this decision in light of risks that Le Cordon Bleu Pty Ltd may not meet, or continue to meet, the following provisions of the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015:
- Standard 5.3.4 in relation to:
- External referencing
TEQSA's assessment considered Le Cordon Bleu Australia Pty Ltd's arrangements for delivery at all Australian sites.