Rejected - Diploma of Digital and Social Media Marketing: Accreditation rejection 15 May 2018
Report on application for accreditation of one higher education course of study by Macleay College Pty Ltd
On 15 May 2018, a delegate of TEQSA rejected, under section 49 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), the application by Macleay College Pty Ltd for accreditation of the following course:
- Diploma of Digital and Social Media Marketing
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA made this decision on the basis that it was not satisfied that the course submitted by Macleay College Pty Ltd comply with the following provisions of the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015:
- Standard 1.1.1 in relation to admissions policies.
- Standard 3.1.1 in relation to inadequate articulation of the learning outcomes and a lack of detailed information about the assessments.
- Standards 2.1.1, 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 in relation to the current and projected staffing complement to deliver teaching and support for the course.
- Standards 2.1.1, 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 in relation to facilities and online learning resources.
- Standard 5.1.3 in relation to internal course review processes, monitoring teaching and learning resources.
- Standard 6.1.2 in relation to support students will receive and which staff will be available to provide assistance for students during a teach-out period.
- Standard 7.2.2 in relation to specific information will be available for prospective students prior to their acceptance of an offer.