Accreditation 9 August 2022
Provider: Tabor College Incorporated
Course: Bachelor of Ministry
Renewal of course accreditation
Report on renewal of accreditation of four higher education courses of study offered by Tabor College Incorporated
On 09 August 2022, a delegate of TEQSA:
- renewed, under section 56 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), the accreditation of the following courses offered by Tabor College Incorporated, for a period of 7 years until 09 August 2029:
- Bachelor of Intercultural Studies
- Bachelor of Ministry
- Bachelor of Theology
- Diploma in Intercultural Studies.
- imposed, under section 53 of the TEQSA Act, one condition on the accreditation of the above named courses offered by Tabor College Incorporated.
Condition 1: Staffing
- Within 60 days of the notice of decision, Tabor College Incorporated must provide TEQSA with a rectification plan that details how Tabor College Incorporated will ensure that staff with responsibilities for academic oversight and those with teaching roles in the courses of study will engage and continue to engage in sufficient scholarship or research or advances in practice so as to maintain their knowledge of contemporary developments in disciplines or fields relevant to the courses.
- The rectification plan referred to in 1(a) must be supported by adequate resources and include, at a minimum, the following:
- the scope of the rectification plan
- clearly articulated outcomes and activities directed toward achieving those outcomes
- the allocation of responsibilities for delivering activities and outcomes
- timeframes for the completion of each activity and for the achievement of each outcome, as well as for the completion of the rectification plan
- details of monitoring and reporting arrangements to ensure regular oversight of the implementation of the rectification plan.
- Within 60 days of the notice of decision, Tabor College Incorporated must provide TEQSA with evidence that the rectification plan referred to in 1(a) and 1(b) has been considered and overseen by Tabor College Incorporated's peak academic governance processes and considered and approved by Tabor College Incorporated's governing body.
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA made these decisions in light of risks that the courses submitted for renewal of accreditation by Tabor College Incorporated may not meet, or continue to meet, the following provisions of the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2021:
- Section 3.2 of Part A, in relation to ensuring that academic staff have knowledge of contemporary developments in the discipline or field, which is informed by continuing scholarship or research or advances in practice.
Application to withdraw conditions
In accordance with section 53 of the TEQSA Act, TEQSA may vary or revoke a condition imposed on the accreditation of a higher education course of study, either on its own initiative, or upon application by the provider for variation or revocation.