Diploma of Information Technology: Accreditation 6 February 2018
Report on accreditation of one higher education course of study offered by the International Institute of Business and Technology (Australia) Pty Ltd
A delegate of TEQSA has accredited, under section 49 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (the TEQSA Act), the following higher education course of study offered by International Institute of Business and Technology (Australia) Pty Ltd for a period of seven years until 6 February 2025:
- Diploma of Information Technology
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA has determined that this higher education course of study submitted by International Institute of Business and Technology (Australia) Pty Ltd for accreditation complies with the Provider Course Accreditation Standards.
TEQSA's assessment considered the International Institute of Business and Technology (Australia) Pty Ltd's arrangements for delivery at all Australian sites.
The following observations are provided for IIBT to consider in the review and improvement of its higher education operations. IIBT may wish to:
- correct naming inconsistencies in course documentation prior to course delivery to prevent any potential confusion among staff and students regarding the course and unit titles (3.1.1)
- map learning outcomes against the Australian Computing Society's (ACS's) graduate attributes to indicate how the course structure and content meet industry requirements and needs (3.1.5)
- broaden the involvement of industry participants on the Advisory Board and establishing a Course Review Committee that comprises senior academics, industry representatives, current students and graduates of this course to ensure robust and independent course review practices (3.1.5, 5.1.2 and 5.1.3b)
- monitor the use of course resources (especially textbooks) to ensure that they are accessible to students when needed (3.3.1)
- insert into marketing materials and documents for prospective students (e.g. course webpage, letter of offer, course brochure) links to IIBT's recognition of prior learning (RPL) and credit transfer policies to make these arrangements clear and transparent (7.2.2a).