Bachelor of Data Science: Accreditation 5 July 2017
Report on accreditation of one higher education course of study offered by S P Jain School of Global Management Pty Ltd
A delegate of TEQSA has accredited, under section 49 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (the TEQSA Act), the following higher education course of study offered by S P Jain School of Global Management Pty Ltd until 12 March 2020 to align with the current period of registration:
- Bachelor of Data Science
TEQSA has, under subsection 53(1) of the TEQSA Act, imposed three conditions on the accreditation of the above course of study.
Prior to marketing or enrolment of students:
S P Jain provides an agreement equivalent to its Principal Agent Agreement (referencing the current legislative and regulatory frameworks) providing for appropriate quality assurance arrangements for course and unit management and assessment moderation, monitoring of student progress, academic staffing profile including academic leadership and provision of academic and student support services for delivery of the accredited course of study at multiple locations.
S P Jain provides access to its current policy library, and the current teaching and learning plan (or equivalent) including evidence of an academic policy framework that ensures that equivalent student learning outcomes will be achieved at all locations.
S P Jain to provide evidence of:
- a review and revision of assessment tasks to ensure that opportunities are provided for students to demonstrate achievement of the expected learning outcomes, and of the Learning Goals and Outcomes mapping between learning outcomes and assessments.
- a staffing profile to ensure assessment is undertaken by appropriately qualified academic staff at each delivery location
The course accreditation covers delivery at all Australian sites.
Main reasons for decision
TEQSA considers that the decision to apply conditions to S P Jain School of Global Management Pty Ltd's application for accreditation of one course of study is consistent with the basic principles for regulation in Part 2 of the TEQSA Act, as S P Jain School of Global Management Pty Ltd is at risk of not complying with a number of the Threshold Standards. TEQSA considers that the risks of non-compliance with the Threshold Standards involve a number of matters that may affect S P Jain School of Global Management Pty Ltd's capacity to manage and deliver its higher education awards.
The broad issues which relate to the Bachelor of Data Science include:
- PCAS 1 in relation to the arrangements with another entity for delivery of the course of study
- PCAS 4 in relation to the academic staffing profiles for course delivery at multiple locations
- PCAS 5 in relation to the provider's approach to assessment tasks for the course of study, and that assessment is undertaken by appropriately qualified academic staff