Graduate Diploma of Information Technology: Accreditation 31 July 2019
Report on accreditation of three higher education courses of study offered by Australian Institute of Business and Management
On 31 July 2019, a delegate of TEQSA:
- accredited, under section 49 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), the following courses offered by Australian Institute of Business and Management, for a period of seven years until 31 July 2026:
- Graduate Certificate of Information Technology
- Graduate Diploma of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology
- imposed, under section 53 of the TEQSA Act, one condition on the accreditation of the three courses listed above.
Condition 1: Review of Course Design and Assessment
By the end of the first teaching period, AIBM is required to:
- Review assessment tasks for the units
- Ensure there are a variety of assessment tasks included in each unit, including more individual student technical assessments
- Develop a mapping framework showing how the assessment tasks in each unit for all three courses will enable students to achieve the proposed unit and course learning outcomes
- Provide TEQSA with evidence to demonstrate that the changes described in paragraphs (a), (b) and (c) of condition 1 have been implemented.
The decision was made on the basis that there was a risk that the Australian Institute of Business and Management Pty Ltd (AIBM) would not meet following provisions of the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015 unless changes to the assessment framework for the course are implemented:
- Standards 1.3.3, 1.4.3 and 1.4.4 in relation to assessment and learning outcomes.