Accreditation 26 June 2019
Report on accreditation of one higher education course of study offered by S P Jain School of Global Management
On 26 June 2019, a delegate of TEQSA:
- accredited, under section 49 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), the following course offered by S P Jain School of Global management Pty Ltd, for a period of seven years until 26 June 2026:
- Master of Artificial Intelligence in Business
- imposed, under section 53 of the TEQSA Act, three conditions on the accreditation of the Master of artificial Intelligence in Business:
Prior to marketing or enrolment of students, SP Jain School of Global Management Pty Ltd provide to TEQSA:
- Report of a review of the course addressing the concerns raised by the TEQSA Expert relating to the course content and learning activities in the relevant academic disciplines. The report must demonstrate the review considered the use of benchmarking of appropriate comparator courses to inform the course design specifications and expected learning outcomes consistent with the field of education.
- Copies of revised course documentation, including unit outlines and a list of any improvements made.
- Copies of meeting minutes of the relevant governance committee demonstrating consideration of the review report and approval of any actions taken or improvements made.
- Copies of revised course information for prospective students which includes adequate details of the course and units of study, prerequisites and assumed knowledge to enable informed decisions about the Master of Artificial Intelligence in Business.
- Evidence of student access to facilities and resources including laboratories, software and analytical platforms relating to the learning outcomes.
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA made these decisions in light of risks that the course submitted by S P Jain School of Global Management Pty Ltd may not meet, or continue to meet, the following provisions of the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015:
- Section 1.3 of Part A, in relation to orientation and monitoring progression
- Section 1.4 of Part A, in relation to learning outcomes and assessment
- Section 3.1 of Part A, in relation to the course design, content and learning activities
- Section 3.3 of Part A, in relation to learning resources and educational support.
- Section 7.2 of Part A in relation to information for prospective and current students