Master of Teaching (Primary): Accreditation 24 April 2018
Report on accreditation of three higher education courses ofstudy offered by Christian Heritage College
On 24 April 2018 a delegate of TEQSA:
- accredited, under section 49 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act2011 (TEQSA Act), the following courses offered by Christian Heritage College, for aperiod of seven years until 24 April 2025:
- Master of Teaching (Primary)
- Master of Teaching (Secondary)
- Graduate Diploma in Teaching Studies.
- imposed, under section 53 of the TEQSA Act, one condition on the accreditation of theMaster of Teaching (Primary), Master of Teaching (Secondary) and Graduate Diploma inTeaching Studies.
Condition 1: Staffing
CHC must provide TEQSA, by 31 January each year, a report to demonstrate that theacademic staff with responsibilities for academic oversight and those with teaching andsupervisory roles in the courses or units of study demonstrate continued engagementwith scholarship to ensure that they are equipped for their role, including havingknowledge of contemporary developments in the discipline or field as required byStandard 3.2.3 a.
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA made these decisions in light of risks that the course[s] submitted by [provider legalname] may not meet, or continue to meet, the following provisions of the Higher EducationStandards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015:
- Section 3 of Part A, in relation to Staffing
- staff with responsibilities for academic oversight and those with teaching andsupervisory roles have the knowledge of contemporary developments in thediscipline, which is informed by continuing scholarship or research, oradvances in practise
TEQSA's assessment considered Christian Heritage College's arrangements for delivery atall Australian sites.