Master of Teaching (Primary): Accreditation 24 April 2018
Report on accreditation of three higher education courses of study offered by Christian Heritage College
On 24 April 2018 a delegate of TEQSA:
- accredited, under section 49 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), the following courses offered by Christian Heritage College, for a period of seven years until 24 April 2025:
- Master of Teaching (Primary)
- Master of Teaching (Secondary)
- Graduate Diploma in Teaching Studies.
- imposed, under section 53 of the TEQSA Act, one condition on the accreditation of the Master of Teaching (Primary), Master of Teaching (Secondary) and Graduate Diploma in Teaching Studies.
Condition 1: Staffing
CHC must provide TEQSA, by 31 January each year, a report to demonstrate that the academic staff with responsibilities for academic oversight and those with teaching and supervisory roles in the courses or units of study demonstrate continued engagement with scholarship to ensure that they are equipped for their role, including having knowledge of contemporary developments in the discipline or field as required by Standard 3.2.3 a.
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA made these decisions in light of risks that the courses submitted by Christian Heritage College may not meet, or continue to meet, the following provisions of the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015:
- Section 3 of Part A, in relation to Staffing
- staff with responsibilities for academic oversight and those with teaching and supervisory roles have the knowledge of contemporary developments in the discipline, which is informed by continuing scholarship or research, or advances in practise
TEQSA's assessment considered Christian Heritage College's arrangements for delivery at all Australian sites.