Undergraduate Certificate in Cost Estimation for Residential Construction: Accreditation 19 August 2021
Report on accreditation of three higher education courses of study offered by Kontea Pty Ltd
On 19 August 2021, a delegate of TEQSA:
- accredited, under section 49 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), the following courses offered by Kontea Pty Ltd, until 31 December 2021:
- Undergraduate Certificate in Cost Estimation for Residential Construction
- Undergraduate Certificate in Building Information Modelling for Construction Management
- Undergraduate Certificate in Residential Building Inspection
- imposed, under section 53 of the TEQSA Act, one condition on the accreditation of the Undergraduate Certificate in Cost Estimation for Residential Construction, Undergraduate Certificate in Building Information Modelling for Construction Management, and Undergraduate Certificate in Residential Building Inspection
Not later than two weeks prior to the commencement of delivery of the course of study, Kontea Pty Ltd must:
provide TEQSA with a report from a suitably qualified independent expert, with the agreement of TEQSA as to the identity of the expert and the terms of reference of their engagement, on its proposed arrangements for delivery of the course online; and
provide TEQSA with Kontea's response, endorsed by the relevant academic governing body, on implementing the recommendations made in the report in paragraph (a).
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA made this decision in light of risks that the courses submitted for accreditation by Kontea Pty Ltd may not continue to meet, the following provision of the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2021:
Standard 3.1.4 of Part A, in relation to whether the course has been designed enable the achievement of expected learning outcomes when delivered in an online mode.
Application to withdraw conditions
In accordance with section 53 of the TEQSA Act, TEQSA may vary or revoke a condition imposed on the accreditation of a higher education course of study, either on its own initiative, or upon application by the provider for variation or revocation.