Diploma of Early Childhood Education: Accreditation 16 April 2020
Report on accreditation of two higher education courses of study offered by Proteus Technologies Pty Ltd
On 16 April 2020, a delegate of TEQSA:
- Accredited, under section 49 of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), the following courses offered by Proteus Technologies Pty Ltd, for a period of seven years until 16 April 2027:
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education
- imposed, under section 53 of the TEQSA Act, one condition on the accreditation of the Bachelor of Early Child Education and Diploma of Early Childhood Education
- Proteus Technologies Pty Ltd must not enrol students in, or commence delivery of the course of study until TEQSA notifies Proteus Technologies Pty Ltd that TEQSA is satisfied the provider has obtained accreditation from the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) for the course.
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA made this decision in light of risks that the course submitted by Proteus Technologies Pty Ltd may not meet, or continue to meet, the following provisions of the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015:
- Standard 3.1.5 in relation to professional accreditation requirements for students.
Application to withdraw conditions
In accordance with section 53 of the TEQSA Act, TEQSA may vary or revoke a condition imposed on the accreditation of a higher education course of study, either on its own initiative, or upon application by the provider for variation or revocation.