Information for TEQSA Experts
Overview of the Register of experts
TEQSA uses external experts to provide advice on specific, identified elements of our regulatory assessments and reviews. Having access to a register of external experts helps us to perform our regulatory functions efficiently and to a high standard.
Our staff use input from external experts to provide advice that contributes to assessments of providers’ applications for:
- registration as a higher education provider
- renewal of registration as a higher education provider
- accreditation of a course of study
- renewal of accreditation of a course of study.
It is important to note that external expert advice is only one input into our regulatory process and experts do not draft recommendations or make regulatory decisions.
Applying for inclusion on the Register
NOTE: We are currently reviewing the Register of experts, policies and procedures. During this review we will not be accepting applications for inclusion on the Register.
Useful resources for existing experts
Experts may find the below tip sheet, frequently asked questions document and walkthrough video helpful when using the portal:
- TEQSA register of experts: Frequently asked questions
- Experts portal tip sheet
- Experts portal walkthrough video [YouTube 7min10sec]
Experts should ensure that their contact details are always up to date. You can advise us of any changes by emailing experts [at] teqsa.gov.au.