Go to top of page

Changing CRICOS registration

Two people sitting at a table working together

Change to course fees

To change course fees on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS), providers should:

  • upload the revised cost information in the Department of Education and Training’s Provider Registration and International Student Management System (PRISMS)
  • email their case manager to advise that a request has been made.

NOTE: There are no fees associated with these changes.

Change to course title

To change the title of a CRICOS-registered course, providers should use the ‘Other CRICOS changes’ form from the Provider Portal. The application must include the following information:

  • CRICOS course code
  • previous course title
  • updated course title
  • the rationale for the change including whether there are any changes to the course learning outcomes
  • evidence of transition arrangements for existing students enrolled in the current course of study

Changes to the title of accredited courses of study from providers without self-accrediting authority require a Material Change notification, as this change requires an update to the National Register. More information is available on our Material changes page.

TEQSA will determine the extent the proposed change affects the course outcomes and whether it requires a new application to add the course of study on CRICOS.

NOTE: There are no fees associated with these changes.

Provider initiated suspensions or cancellations

To suspend a CRICOS-registered course, providers must complete the ‘Withdraw course/s on CRICOS’ form and submit it through the Provider Portal. The application form should include all the relevant information. This information includes:  

  • CRICOS course code
  • course title
  • reasons for suspension/cancellation.

Providers should only initiate an application to withdraw course(s) on CRICOS once there are no active Confirmations of Enrolments attached to the requested course(s).

NOTE: There are no fees associated with these changes.

Change to registered business/trading name

To make a change to the registered business/trading name, providers should notify TEQSA via a Material Change notification procedure.

For more information view our Material changes page.

Notifications and approvals required of CRICOS registered providers

The Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 and National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2017 have notification and approval requirements for CRICOS registered providers.

Find out more about on our Notifications and approvals required of CRICOS registered providers page.