To safeguard student interests and the reputation of the higher education sector by assuring the quality of Australian higher education through a proportionate, risk-reflective approach to regulation which allows higher education providers to pursue their individual missions and encourages diversity, innovation and excellence.
- Assessment and Investigations Group
Assistant Director, Initial Registrations Team (APS Executive Level 1 - Ongoing)
Applications close at 11:59pm on 29 August 2018
- Corporate Group
Assistant Director, Information Technology (APS Executive Level 1 - Ongoing)
Applications close at 11:59pm on 5 September 2018
All of our vacancies can also be found at APS JOBS.
How to apply
Please include the following in your application:
- TEQSA job application cover sheet [DOCX 55KB]
- your responses to the selection criteria (maximum of 200 words per criterion)
- a current resume.
Completed applications are to be submitted to recruitment [at] teqsa.gov.au
For assistance addressing the selection criteria you may wish to refer to Cracking the Code: How to Apply for Jobs in the Australian Public Service.
Who can apply?
Successful applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen or, subject to approval of the Agency Head, hold the necessary visa and work permits appropriate to the employment
- satisfactorily complete a National Police Check
- obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security clearance to Baseline/ Negative Vetting Level 1 status as required.
Failure to satisfy any of these conditions may result in the withdrawal of an offer of employment or termination of employment.
TEQSA supports workplace diversity and values the contribution of people from diverse backgrounds. In particular, applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, and people with cultural and linguistic diversity.
The recruitment process will generally include:
- an application that includes responses to the selection criteria in the position description
- a panel interview for shortlisted applicants
- reference checks for interviewed applicants being considered for appointment
- a formal offer of employment to applicants recommended for appointment.
TEQSA is committed to providing a workplace that recognises and values the diversity of its employees. Diversity includes, but is not limited to, ‘differences in gender, age, language, ethnicity, cultural background, disability, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and family responsibilities. In the workplace, it also encompasses differences between individuals in educational level, life experience, work experience, socio-economic background and personality.’ (Australian Public Service Commission)
In committing to workplace diversity, we aim to:
- foster a diverse workforce
- attract and recruit people from diverse backgrounds
- prevent discrimination and harassment
- support staff to balance their work, family and other caring responsibilities effectively
- integrate workplace diversity principles into our organisational values and work practices.
Working for TEQSA
Conditions of employment specific to TEQSA, including current salary ranges, can be found in our Enterprise agreement.
Working for the Australian Public Service (APS)
Employment with TEQSA means you will be working for the Australian Government under the provisions of the Public Service Act 1999.
Visit the Australian Public Service’s website for more information about conditions of employment.