Position Description: Head of Information Communications Technology and Business Solutions
- Position description: Head of Information Communications Technology and Business Solutions (MS Word, 136KB)
- Position description: Head of Information Communications Technology and Business Solutions (PDF, 224KB)
Position Title: Head of Information Communications Technology and Business Solutions
Group/Team: Corporate Group/Information Technology and Business Solutions Team
Employment Type: Ongoing, Full-time
Salary Range: To be negotiated pa plus 15.4% superannuation
Classification: Executive Level 2 (EL2)
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Agency Employment Act: PS Act 1999
Applications close at 11:59pm on 16 December 2019
Applications must include the following cover sheet: TEQSA job application cover sheet [DOCX 1MB]
The Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) is Australia’s independent national quality assurance and regulatory agency for higher education. TEQSA was established on 29 January 2012 under the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011.
TEQSA’s role is to ensure that the quality standards are being met by all higher education providers so that the interests of students and the reputation of Australia’s higher education sector are promoted and protected. TESQA takes a risk-based approach to planning and implementing its assessments of provider compliance with these standards.
All providers of higher education – universities and non-universities alike – that offer higher education qualifications in or from Australia must be registered by TEQSA. Providers that do not have self-accrediting authority, which is virtually all of the non-university providers at present, must also, have their courses of study accredited by TEQSA.
To protect student interests and the reputation of Australia's higher education sector through a proportionate, risk-reflective approach to quality assurance that supports diversity, innovation and excellence.
Further information about TEQSA can be found at teqsa.gov.au.
The Corporate Group provides strategic management of TEQSA’s resources, a wide remit which includes planning and performance management, people and organisational development, financial management, risk management, funding negotiation, and infrastructure. The Corporate Group is led by the Director, Corporate, and is supported by a small team of staff across a range of areas.
The Head of ICT and Business Solutions role reports to the Director Corporate and is responsible for leading and managing the operations of TEQSA’s ICT team, provide advice and operational management across TEQSA’s ICT functions. The responsibilities include:
- ICT strategy, future development and operations
- ICT security
- TEQSA’s use of data for business operations
- identifying important trends, opportunities for service improvement and potential impact of internal policy change
- assess and disseminate information on the TEQSA performance, quality of data and data system.
- as part of the broader ICT and Business Solutions Team, lead and manage TEQSA’s IT functions and projects
- lead and manage a small ICT team to deliver high quality network and business systems
- review and improve business solutions and systems to ensure TEQSA’s network and business systems continue to meet business requirements
- work with suppliers, services providers, other government agencies and vendors alike to deliver products and services with acceptable service levels to TEQSA
- support initiatives by other business units to deliver changes to ICT services and systems
- define the content of reports, conduct analysis and interpretation of data and preparation of relevant papers to Commissioners and Senior Management on the performance of ICT systems
- be an active member of the Corporate Group Leadership team and contribute to appropriate positioning of the Corporate Group as a respected and trusted provider of information
- undertake strategic analysis of business processes required under operating models which best leverage existing or data functionality and resources
- assist in assessing gaps, research solution options and design of data solutions
- fostering key relationships across the agency to deliver effective performance metrics and management information
- other duties as required.
Please note that your responses to the selection criteria should be brief and not exceed 300 words per criteria.
- demonstrated ability to provide strategic direction and operational management of IT functions preferable in a small agency context
- demonstrated experience leading and managing multiple IT projects to deliver on time, on budget and to expectations, including identification and management of risks
- experience in managing relationships with other government agencies (Memorandum of Understanding) and external IT vendors and services providers
- experience in IT Security and Business Continuity preferably within a government organisation with exposure to the Australian Government ISM manual and PSPF requirements for cyber security
- strong communication skills, including high level written communications, stakeholder management, presentation and consultation skills
- strong leadership skills and experience in setting direction, motivating and developing staff, and managing performance for quality and timely outcomes
- understanding or experience of Commonwealth procurement processes would be highly regarded.
Relevant tertiary qualification(s) and/or experience working in a similar role is preferred. Project management certification or demonstrated experience would be considered favourably.
The successful applicant must be an Australian citizen and be able to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1 status.
Failure to satisfy any of these conditions may result in the withdrawal of an offer of employment or termination of employment.
TEQSA supports workplace diversity and values the contribution of people from diverse backgrounds. In particular, applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, and people with cultural and linguistic diversity.
How to apply
Applicants need to refer to our Careers page.
You should include the following in your application:
- TEQSA job application cover sheet
- your responses to the selection criteria (maximum of 300 words per criterion)
- a current resume.
Completed applications are to be submitted to recruitment [at] teqsa.gov.au
For assistance addressing the selection criteria, you may wish to refer to ‘Cracking the Code: How to Apply for Jobs in the Australian Public Service’.