Alphacrucis College Limited: Self-Accrediting Authority 28 Jan 2016
AQF level 5-10 Self-Accrediting Authority
Report on Alphacrucis College Limited
Under subsection 41(1) of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011, TEQSA has authorised Alphacrucis College Limited to self-accredit courses of study at AQF level 5-10, in the narrow fields of Business and Management, Teacher Education, and Philosophy and Religious Studies.
Main Reasons for Decision
Alphacrucis College Limited has:
- had no serious complaint made against any part of its higher education operations in the last five years, and no significant compliance problems in any assessment by any regulator
- well-structured and effective academic governance arrangements, and robust course design and approval, review and improvement mechanisms which include rigorous external review
- an active scholarly community and a demonstrated history of sustained scholarship and research outputs
- a history of successful operation as a higher education provider including systematic, mature internal processes to assure and maintain the quality of its courses, academic standards and academic integrity
- a proven history of successful graduate outcomes and a range of strategies and resources to support students at all its locations, and
- has or is seeking professional accreditation and/or recognition within all the fields of education in which it offers courses.
Alphacrucis College Limited has demonstrated to TEQSA that it meets the Threshold Standards for self-accrediting authority in relation to courses of study at AQF levels 5-10 in the following narrow fields of study:
- 0803 Business and Management
- 0701 Education, and
- 0917 Philosophy and Religious Studies.
The scope of the assessment included all Australian sites.