University of South Australia: Re-registration 28 Sep 2016
Renewal of registration
Report on renewal of registration of University of South Australia
TEQSA has renewed the registration as a higher education provider, under Section 36(1) of the TEQSA Act, of the University of South Australia for a period of seven years to 28 September 2023 in the provider category of 'Australian University.'
Main reasons for decision
TEQSA has assessed the application submitted by the University of South Australia against the Threshold Standards. The scope of the assessment included all its Australian sites.
University of South Australia has demonstrated to TEQSA that it continues to meet the Threshold Standards and that it:
- shows sound corporate and academic governance and regularly monitors potential risks to its higher education operations
- has effective policies and practices to maintain academic standards
- demonstrates a commitment to internal and external feedback to strategic planning through the massively open online consultation process, 'unijam', and the University's 'We're Listening' website
- has effective academic quality assurance framework, including for offshore programs, to establish and maintain academic quality and integrity
- demonstrated that its higher education students have access to effective grievance processes.