Bachelor of Business (Professional Accounting): Re-accreditation not renewed effective 31 March 2020
Renewal of accreditation
Report on renewal of accreditations of Elite Education Pty Ltd
On 24 March 2020, TEQSA:
- rejected, under subsection 56(1) of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act), the applications for renewal of accreditation by Elite Education Institute Pty Ltd ('Elite') of the following four courses of study with effect from 31 March 2020:
- Bachelor of Business (Business Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Communication and Public Relations)
- Bachelor of Business (Professional Accounting)
- Diploma of Business
Main reasons for the decision
TEQSA made this decision on the basis that it was not satisfied that Elite meets the following provisions of the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015:
- Standards 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 in relation to student participation and engagement.
- Standards 1.4.3 in relation to the quality of assessment.
In particular, TEQSA has found that Elite:
- has significant and widespread issues with the academic integrity of its students' work;
- has not been ensuring its students appropriately engage in advanced knowledge and inquiry; and
- has not ensured that the teaching and learning activities of its courses foster the achievement of the expected learning outcomes.
Right of review
Elite Education has applied to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal for review of TEQSA's decisions. The Administrative Appeals Tribunal has stayed those decisions, pending the determination of the matter, subject to seven conditions. The conditions deal with arrangements to facilitate the transfer of students, assessment design for Elite's courses, student engagement in Elite's courses, independent external review of submitted assessments, and arrangements for academic integrity.
Information on TEQSA's regulatory approach and public reporting is available at www.teqsa.gov.au.