Application guide for registration in any university category: new providers, registered higher education providers
This Application Guide is presently being updated and is not available at this time. We apologise for any inconvenience and ask that providers speak with their TEQSA case manager before commencing or submitting a new application.
This guide provides information about and explains the process providers will need to follow when applying to the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) to be registered in one of the following categories:
- Australian University
- Australian University College
- Australian University of Specialisation
- Overseas University, and
- Overseas University of Specialisation.
This guide covers:
- applications from providers not yet registered under any category (new providers), and
- applications for change of category from registered Higher Education Providers (existing providers) to one of the above categories.
For assistance in understanding the requirements of the HES Framework, new providers should refer to the guidance in TEQSA’s Higher Education Standards Framework 2015 section in the first instance, which includes an overview of each Domain of the HES Framework.
Detailed guidance notes can be found on the Guidance notes page.