Our regulatory fees and charges changed from 1 January 2023. For more information, see Fees and Charges.
The Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act) states that we may charge fees to higher education providers on a cost recovery basis for a number of activities and functions.
We operate on a cost-recovery basis, consistent with the Australian Government Charging Framework.
Under this legislation, fees are charged for the following activities:
- Preliminary Assessments of Application for registration as a higher education provider
- Substantive Assessments of Application for registration as a higher education provider
- Renewal of Registration Applications
- Applications for change of Provider Category (if an applicant is registered in provider category)
- Applications to TEQSA as a designated authority for a recommendation that an approved provider be registered to provide a course at a location
- Applications to self-accredit one or more courses of study
- Preliminary Assessments of Application for accreditation of a course of study
- Substantive Assessments of Application for accreditation of a course of study
- Applications for renewal of Accreditation for a course of study
- Applications to vary or revoke a Condition of registration or accreditation
- Applications for TEQSA, as a designated authority, to approve proposed changes to arrangements with other providers or to the maximum number of students that a provider can enrol
- Applications for internal review of a decision made by delegates of TEQSA.
More information on TEQSA's fees until 31 December 2022 can be found in the TEQSA Act’s Determination of Fees. The fees that will apply from 1 January 2023 are listed in the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Determination of Fees (Amendment) 2022 (Amendment Instrument). See Fees and Charges to learn more.
How to pay
All applications must include the full payment for the service being provided.
Assessments of applications will not commence until payment has been received in full.
Payment must be made by:
- electronic bank transfer to BSB: 093-003, Account no: 110520, Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency, Official Administered Receipts Account
- TEQSA's ABN is 50 658 250 012
- a receipt will not be issued unless requested
- payment by credit card is not accepted
- fees do not attract GST.
Withdrawal of application and refunds
If an applicant withdraws their application for registration or accreditation, neither the preliminary assessment application fees or the substantive assessment application fees are refundable (subsections 19(3), 20(3), 47(2) and 48(2) of the TEQSA Act).
NOTE: No other fees are refundable.
Fee waiver or payment plan
TEQSA has limited discretion to waive fees as stated in Schedule B of the TEQSA Act Determination of Fees.
NOTE: No payment plans are available.
If you have any questions about our Fee Schedule and Fee Policy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your case manager.