TEQSA register of experts
Overview of the Register
TEQSA uses external experts to source advice on specific, identified elements of the Agency’s regulatory assessments and reviews. TEQSA recognises that, in performing its regulatory functions, it benefits from having access to a register of external experts. TEQSA staff use input from external experts to inform their analysis and recommendations to the Commission. Individual external experts provide advice as individuals on specific, identified elements of TEQSA’s regulatory reviews.
Experts provide advice that contributes to TEQSA’s assessment of a provider application for TEQSA registration/renewal or course accreditation/renewal. It is important to note that external expert advice is one input into TEQSA’s regulatory process and experts will not be drafting recommendations or making decisions on applications.
Applying for inclusion on the Register
TEQSA is reviewing its Experts system, policies and procedures over the next six months. During this period it will not be accepting applications from people seeking inclusion on the Register.
- Information on the Application process and how the Register operates [PDF 167KB, 9 pages] [DOCX 1.37MB, 9 pages]
- Application Form [DOCX 122KB, 5 pages]
- Draft Deed of Standing Offer [PDF 297KB, 14 pages] [DOC 266MB, 14 pages]
Frequently asked questions about the TEQSA register of experts (updated June 2014):
- TEQSA register of experts frequently asked questions [PDF 159KB, 5 pages]
- TEQSA register of experts frequently asked questions [DOCX 1.39MB, 5 pages]
If you have a specific query not covered in the frequently asked questions, please email email@example.com.
External Experts portal
Experts will be issued with assignments through the online External Experts portal at https://portal.teqsa.gov.au. The portal provides Experts with a central point to interact with TEQSA, access and respond to assignments, as well as issue invoices for payment. When you are issued with your first assignment you will also receive your log in details to access the new portal and guidance on using the system.
Experts may find the below tip sheet, frequently asked questions document and walkthrough video helpful when using the portal:
- Experts portal frequently asked questions [PDF 303KB, 9pages] [DOCX 160KB, 9 pages]
- Experts portal tip sheet [PDF 554KB, 2 pages]
- Experts portal walkthrough video [7:10]
Please ensure that your contact details are always up to date. You can advise TEQSA of any changes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- About TEQSA
- Regulatory Approach
- For Providers
- For Students
- National Register
- News & Publications