In addition to undertaking compliance assessments, TEQSA undertakes quality assessments as part of its quality assurance and quality enhancement responsibilities, to inform regulatory decisions about compliance with the Threshold Standards. They will also be used to identify, validate, and promote the adoption of good practice in meeting the requirements of the TEQSA Act, and in particular the Higher Education Standards Framework, across the higher education sector.
Quality assessments focus on a particular area of interest or concern to TEQSA. TEQSA may conduct quality assessments across the whole higher education sector, a sample of providers, or a single provider.
TEQSA is undertaking one quality assessment in 2013, focused on third party arrangements. The terms of reference are below.
Third party arrangements
- Questions and answers - third party arrangements, updated 30 April 2013 [DOC 211KB, 4 pages]
- Questions and answers - third party arrangements, updated 30 April 2013 [PDF 119KB, 4 pages]
- Terms of Reference for third party arrangements quality assessment [DOC 250kb, 5 pages]
- Terms of Reference for third party arrangements quality assessment [PDF 138kb, 5 pages]
English language proficiency
Please note: TEQSA has decided to postpone its English language proficiency quality assessment until the second half of 2014. The quality assessment was due to commence in May 2013.
- Terms of Reference for English language proficiency quality assessment [DOC 219kb, 7 pages]
- Terms of Reference for English language proficiency quality assessment [PDF 157kb, 7 pages]
TEQSA has developed an information sheet to outline the Agency's approach to conducting quality assessments: