Applying under the new Standards
The new Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015 (HES Framework 2015) apply from 1 January 2017. All registered higher education providers must be compliant with the new HES Framework 2015 from 1 January 2017.
Information on the new HES Framework 2015 (including TEQSA's contextual overview) is now available.
From a regulatory perspective, all applications submitted:
- before 1 January 2017 will be assessed against the HES Framework 2011.
- on or after 1 January 2017 will be assessed against the HES Framework 2015.
The application guides on this page are for applications on or after 1 January 2017 for assessment against the HES Framework 2015.
The first set of online forms for applications to be assessed against the HES Framework 2015 have been released as beta forms for a six month consultation period. These are the forms for registration, course accreditation, renewal of accreditation and renewal of registration. These new forms are supported by a range of templates (see below for examples).
On 30 November 2016 these new ‘beta’ forms were assigned on a ‘like for like’ basis to registered providers (i.e. if the provider was already assigned the course accreditation online form for the current standards, the provider was also assigned the new equivalent beta online form for HES Framework 2015). Forms for prospective providers are being made available selectively on a pilot basis. Providers should contact their case manager or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Supporting materials for online applications
- Application Guide for Initial Registration as a New Higher Education Provider [PDF 580KB, 30 pages] [DOCX 1.5MB, 30 pages] *updated 6 September 2017
- Application Guide for Renewal of Registration for Existing Providers [PDF 115KB, 14 pages] [DOCX 1.49MB, 14 pages] *updated 3 May 2017
- Application Guide for Course Accreditation and Re-accreditation for Existing Providers [PDF 156KB, 21 pages] [DOCX 1.5MB, 21 pages] *updated 6 September 2017
- Application Guide for Registration in any University Category [PDF 180KB, 24 pages] [DOCX 1.5MB, 24 pages] *updated 1 March 2017
- Application Guide for Self-Accrediting Authority [PDF 752KB, 25 pages] [DOCX 1.52MB, 25 pages]*updated 24 August 2017
TEQSA appreciates the constructive feedback received to date on the above application guides relating to the new HES Framework. While the the beta consultation period has now closed for the above guides, comments are still welcome. Please direct any feedback to email@example.com.
The beta online forms for the HES Framework 2015 are supported by the following materials:
The below sets of templates are downloadable in PDF format for reference only. Usable templates are available within the online application forms in the TEQSA portal.
For prospective higher education providers applying for initial registration
For registered higher education providers
- Templates core for Beta Course Accreditation HESF 2015 existing provider [PDF 519KB, 27 pages]
- Templates core for Beta Renewal of Course Accreditation HESF 2015 [PDF 482KB, 20 pages] *updated 22 February 2017
- Templates core for Beta Renewal of Registration HESF 2015 [PDF 93KB, 3 pages]
- Templates core for Beta Self-Accrediting Authority HESF 2015 [PDF 491KB, 7 pages] *added 31 August 2017
- About TEQSA
- Regulatory Approach
- For Providers
- For Students
- National Register
- News & Publications